Phyllis, Edwina, List:

I spell out my interpretation of Peirce's mature cosmology in my paper, "A
Neglected Additament: Peirce on Logic, Cosmology, and the Reality of God" (
https://tidsskrift.dk/signs/article/view/103187). Here is my summary (pp.
13-14).

God as *Ens necessarium*, eternal pure mind, creative of thought (third
Universe), imagines an inexhaustible continuum of real possibilities and
their combinations (first Universe), and exercises perfect freedom in
choosing which of these to actualize (second Universe). This is the *hierarchy
of Being* in terms of Peirce's three Categories (3ns→1ns→2ns). The *sequence
of events* in each case consists of spontaneity followed by reaction and
then habit-taking (1ns→2ns→3ns). The *evolution of states* within our
existing universe (CP 1.409, EP 1.277; 1887-1888) is from complete chaos in
the infinite past, through this ongoing process at any assignable date, to
complete regularity in the infinite future (1ns→3ns→2ns).

Of course, in accordance with Peirce's synechism and objective idealism,
mind is not confined to any one of the three categories. Moreover, we have
had List discussions in the past about how the three divine persons of the
Trinity in Christian theology might correspond to them, and Andrew Robinson
has written extensively on that topic.

Structural Engineer, Synechist Philosopher, Lutheran Christian