John, List:

JFS: For any claims about what Peirce believed, please give exact
quotations.

What an excellent methodological suggestion! If only it had occurred to me
to do that all along! Surely no one would dispute claims about what Peirce
believed that are explicitly confirmed by his own words in multiple exact
quotations. From now on, I will provide relevant excerpts from his writings
to support my interpretations of his thought. Surely no one would complain
about the consistent implementation of such an approach.

Thanks,

Jon Alan Schmidt - Olathe, Kansas, USA
Structural Engineer, Synechist Philosopher, Lutheran Christian