On 9/7/06, Salve J Nilsen <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
Thomas Klausner wrote:

> Oh, and if you want to join the fun and help a bit, here's a (probably
> incomplete) list of tasks:
>
> - Metrics:
[snip]

Would the metrics for community support channels that were suggested a while
ago be welcome? (The discussion about them sort of died out :-\)

For every uploaded module  automatically forum is created on
http://www.cpanforum.com/

I know not everyone likes this idea and some others have issues with the current
form of CPAN::Forum (yes, I am working on some of these issues) but
this basically
means that every module *has* a community support channel.

The question then might be if that channel is used. E.g. are there
(recent) posts
on the forum? How many posts are there? Have the questions been answered?
Has the module author blessed the channel (or for that mater decided
to point people to another support channel)?

Oh, I would love a metric that is called
"has_posted_on_cpan_forum_that_author_is_monitoring_the forum"
even if it had a shorter name.

Gabor