On Sat, Jan 1, 2011 at 2:26 AM, Chas. Owens <chas.ow...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 29, 2010 at 21:39, Xue, Brian <brian....@amd.com> wrote:
>> I want to adding one more answer about what are people waiting for before
>> they
>> start using Perl 6.
>>
>> There hasn't an official release of PERL6.0, just Rakudo. I'm afraid of
>> Rakudo is cancelled, I don't want to make my product based on an uncertainty
>> matter.
> snip
>
> This shows a fundamental misunderstanding of what Perl 6 is.

I don't know if Brian had the misunderstanding or if he wanted to
point out that such
misunderstandings exist out there but this is not the point either.

I think there are lots of people (ok, among the few who have any
thought about Perl 6) that sound like
the above sentence. I think it might be useful to try to find this out
and later - maybe 6 months or a year from now -
see if the numbers change.

Gabor