On 14/10/16 15:55, Paul Kyzivat wrote:
> When looking at devices seen on WiFi the vendor ID is often displayed
> and used to figure out which device is which, to correlate problem
> symptoms with likely causes, and many other reasons.

How often? Compared to how often those are uselessly sent?
(With the privacy downsides applying in all cases.)

I'm not saying that the "I need to debug stuff" arguments
for access to information are baseless, but I do think we
(techies) to better consider the privacy implications of
things like that.

perpass mailing list