On Tue, Jul 08, 2008 at 11:27:35AM +0200, Zdenek Kotala wrote:
> Zdenek Kotala napsal(a):
>

> >I though more about it and I discussed it with Radek yesterday. The
> >problem is that collation must be created before user want to use CREATE
> >DATABASE ... COLLATE ... command. It inclines to have have pg_collation
> >as a global catalog, but ANSI specifies to use schema name in collation
> >specification and schemes are database specific ... It means that
> >pg_collation have to be non-shared catalog and new database only
> >inherits collation from template db. And CREATE DATABASE have to check
> >list of collation in template database :(.
>
> thinking more ...
> It must be shared catalog because pg_database will depend on it.

Not necessarily. pg_class is not shared yet without it you can't even
find pg_database. Same deal with pg_type. All it means is that
pg_collation in template1 must contain all the collations used in
template1, which shouldn't be hard to arrange.

Have a nice day,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   http://svana.org/kleptog/