On Tue, Jul 08, 2008 at 10:54:28AM -0400, Andrew Dunstan wrote:
> Agreed. Are we even sure that we want per-database collations as a
> half-way house? Unless we can be sure that we want all the required
> catalog changes for the full requirement, it seems to me a rather messy
> way of getting to where we want to go.

Given that the current projected timeframe for full COLLATE support is
something like 2-3 major releases, I don't really see the problem with
doing this now. Who knows, it might prompt people to do something
sooner.

Have a nice day,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout   <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>   http://svana.org/kleptog/