On Mon, Jan 28, 2013 at 4:47 AM, Phil Sorber <p...@omniti.com> wrote:
> On Sun, Jan 27, 2013 at 2:38 PM, Phil Sorber <p...@omniti.com> wrote:

>>> If I read conninfo_array_parse() correctly, PQpingParams() prefer the
>>> option which is set to its keyword array later.
>>
>> It would be really nice to expose conninfo_array_parse() or some
>> wrapped version directly to a libpq consumer. Otherwise, I need to
>> recreate this behavior in pg_isready.c.
>>
>> Thoughts on adding:
>>   PQconninfoOption *PQparamsParse(const char **keywords, const char
>> **values, char **errmsg, bool use_defaults, int expand_dbname)
>> or similar?

Maybe. But I'm not inclined to add new libpq interface at this stage.
Because we are in the last CommitFest and I'm not sure whether
we have enough time to implement that. Instead, how about using
both PQconninfoParse() and PQconndefaults() like uri-regress.c does?
Or just remove that output message? At least I don't think that the
information about host and port needs to be output. Which would make
the code very simpler.

Regards,

--
Fujii Masao