On February 12, 2014 10:23:21 PM CET, Peter Eisentraut <pete...@gmx.net> wrote:
>On 2/11/14, 7:04 PM, Craig Ringer wrote:
>> I don't see any use for that with plperl, but it might be a valid
>thing
>> to be doing for (e.g.) hstore.dll. Though you can't really link to it
>> from another module anyway, you have to go through the fmgr to get
>> access to its symbols at rutime, so we can probably just skip
>generation
>> of import libraries for contribs and PLs.
>
>There are cases where one module needs symbols from another directly.
>Would that be affected by this?

I don't think we have real infrastructure for that yet. Neither from the POV of
definition of PGDLLIMPORT which inverts the declspecs. I think Tom just removed
the remnants of that.

Andres

--
Please excuse brevity and formatting - I am writing this on my mobile phone.

Andres Freund                      http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/