On 04/08/2016 05:55 PM, Robert Haas wrote:
On Tue, Mar 29, 2016 at 11:18 AM, David Steele <da...@pgmasters.net> wrote:
On 3/28/16 4:42 AM, Tomas Vondra wrote:
Yes, those are valid omissions. I plan to address them, and I'd also
considering adding a section to 65.1 (How the Planner Uses Statistics),
explaining more thoroughly how the planner uses multivariate stats.

It looks you need post a new patch so I have marked this "waiting on
author".

Since no new version of this patch has been posted in the last 10
days, it seems clear that there will not be time for this to
reasonably become ready for committer and then get committed in the
few hours remaining before the deadline. That is a bummer, since I
was hoping we would have this feature in this release, but hopefully
we will get it into 9.7. I am marking it Returned with Feedback.

Well, me to. But my feeling is the patch received entirely insufficient amount of thorough code review, considering how important part of the code it touches. I agree docs are an important part of a patch, but polishing user-level docs would hardly move the patch closer to being committable (especially when there's ~50kB of READMEs).

regards