On 9/21/16 9:30 AM, Jesper Pedersen wrote:
> Attached is v5, which add basic page verification.
There are still some things that I found that appear to follow the old
style (btree) conventions instead the new style (brin, gin) conventions.
- Rename hash_metap to hash_metapage_info.
- Don't use BuildTupleFromCStrings(). (There is nothing inherently
wrong with it, but why convert numbers to strings and back again when it
can be done more directly.)
- Documentation for hash_page_stats still has blkno argument.
- In hash_metap, the magic field could be type bytea, so that it
displays in hex. Or text like the brin functions.
Some other comments:
- hash_metap result fields spares and mapp should be arrays of integer.
(Incidentally, the comment in hash.h talks about bitmaps but I think
it means hashm_mapp.)
- As of very recently, we don't need to move pageinspect--1.5.sql to
pageinspect--1.6.sql anymore. Just add pageinspect--1.5--1.6.sql.
- In the documentation for hash_page_stats(), the "+" sign is misaligned.
- In hash_page_items, the fields itemlen, nulls, vars are always 16,
false, false. So perhaps there is no need for them. Similarly, the
hash_page_stats in hash_page_stats is always 16.
- The data field could be of type bytea.
- Add a pointer in the documentation to the relevant header file.
- Add subsections in the documentation (general functions, B-tree
- Add tests.
Peter Eisentraut http://www.2ndQuadrant.com/
PostgreSQL Development, 24x7 Support, Remote DBA, Training & Services
Sent via pgsql-hackers mailing list (email@example.com)
To make changes to your subscription: