Devrim Gündüz wrote:
Hi,

On Fri, 2007-04-06 at 01:23 -0400, Matthew T. O'Connor wrote:
The other thing to consider is that CentOS 5 has Xen built right in,
so you should be able run VMs without VMWare on it.

... if the kernel of the OS has Xen support, there will be no
performance penalty (only 2%-3%) (Para-virtualization). Otherwise, there
will be full-virtualization, and we should expect a performance loss
about 30% for each guest OS (like Windows).

I may be wrong but I thought that the guest OS kernel only needs special support if the underlying CPU doesn't have virtualization support which pretty much all the new Intel and AMD chips have. No?