On Thu, Sep 06, 2007 at 04:08:10PM +0200, apoc9009 wrote:
> >archive_timeout setting. It will produce a lot of log files with very
> >little content in them, but they will compress well.
> >
> Yes, it is possible but not recommended . My Backup Servers Filesystem
> will explode :D

. . .

> Correct, but  this is not good enought and i think there are a lot of
> Peoples having the same Problem.
> It was wishfull, having a Online Streaming Backupsubsystem, thadt can
> produce portable Backupdatabases,
> to prevent users for Millions of Archive Files on the Backup FTP-Server.

It seems that what you want is near-real-time online backups with _no
cost_, which is not a feature that I think anyone will ever work on.

Andrew Sullivan  | [EMAIL PROTECTED]
Users never remark, "Wow, this software may be buggy and hard
to use, but at least there is a lot of code underneath."
                --Damien Katz

       match