On Wed, Oct 08, 2003 at 01:28:53PM -0400, Bruce Momjian wrote:

> Agreed.  Text added to install docs:

[&c.]

I think this is just right.  It tells a user where to find the info
needed, doesn't reproduce it all over the place, and still points out
that this is something you'd better do.  Combined with the new
probe-to-set-shared-buffers bit at install time, I think the reports
of 400 billion times worse performance than MySQL will probably
diminish.

----
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]>                              M2P 2A8
                                         +1 416 646 3304 x110

TIP 8: explain analyze is your friend