Esteban A. Maringolo wrote:
Herby,

I regularly use `session login`, but I don't use SQLite in Pharo, but I
do in VisualWorks and it works just fine.
Maybe if there is a bug we should fix it. Even with a no-op method.

Regards!

Esteban A. Maringolo

It's hard. The problem is

PharoDatabaseAccessor >> encoding
         ^self connection queryEncoding

which overrides parent, which is atm:

encoding
"The connection is specific to the dialect; some dialects will need to override this method."

        ^connection encoding

The former was added at GuillermoPolito.73 back in 2011 (and the latter was the same back then). It probably fixed something, but I don't see any implementors of queryEncoding atm (definitely not in Garage). From the diff it is clear lots of databases and drivers have gone. Now, why was it change for Pharo (and does it need to be changed in 2017)?

Ccing Guillermo Polito.

Herby

P.S.: I wonder how it is that no one actually had problem with this? This predictably fails on `session login` on pharo, unless queryEncoding is somehow magically present without seeing it in source code for other platforms?