--- Begin Message ---
On Thu, Sep 19, 2019 at 08:25:47AM -0500, Offray Vladimir Luna C??rdenas wrote:

> I think that the comment was referred to the comment made on the PR (not
> on this list) that was insulting Serge (which I will not repeat). It has

Let's see, I've posted one email to this list describing the dangers
of abusing CoCs and one post to GitHub describing the motivations of
people who introduce CoCs, and immediately get banned on GitHub from
Pharo citing this very CoC (which is apparently now already in force,
and is already controlling the discussion of this particular CoC, am
I allowed to call this stalinist or kafkaeske, or is this already
covered by the blanket ban?).

I'm getting called a troll and a nobody in public by members of the project,
incidentally thus violating the CoC twice, which is, of course,
allowed by the liberal interpretation of what and who is considered abusive.

Thank you for instantly proving my points far better than I ever could.

> been deleted now and only Stephan's response remains[1]. As you can see
> is addressing someone different, who has no contributions and no name
> and seemed to create the account just to insult and you can see by

I've resuscitated that GitHub account a couple years ago for work uses.
It will never see content published there since Microsoft purchased
GitHub last year.

I've joined the pharo-users@ list a few days ago since I'm looking into
porting to Pharo OpenCroquet/OpenCobalt project which is being currently
resuscitated on Squeak. I commented on the CoC issue since I consider
project governance and their failures as very important.

> his/her empty account without any info and any contributions[2].
>
> [1] https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo/pull/4637#issuecomment-532815478
> [2] https://github.com/eleitl
>
> So, in my interpretation, Stephan's comment was referred to the user at
> [2] and Esteban warning was referred to the closing of the issue because
> of it, so the "you" in the warning was not the singular "you", but the
> plural one. Because conversation has been split in two places, these
> mistakes can be done. I think that you raised a valid concern in a
> civilized manner, are a recognized member of the community and did not

I'm sorry, I don't seem to find a "recognized" anywhere in the CoC
https://github.com/pharo-project/pharo/blob/Pharo8.0/CODE_OF_CONDUCT.md

Is this something you're going to include in later revisions of it, or is
this up to interpretation?

> insulted Serge, so the comments were not addressing you.
>
> This can be a very sensible approach, as the discussion on the list so
> far have shown, so the more clarity we can have to elevate the
> conversation and be respectful with the participants, the better.

Let's see, my porting project is dead, but you've got an elevated
conversation, and can be all respectful towards each other.
One has to have priorities.

All the best of luck to the Pharo community. You're going to need it.

> Cheers,
>
> Offray

--- End Message ---