No, that won't work.  You need to create a system DSN.  Here's what I did to
create one.  My PC is running Windows XP Professional and I am using Apache
1.3.27.

* opened up the control panel

* double-clicked Administrative Tools

* double-clicked Data Sources (ODBC)

* clicked on the System DSN tab

* clicked Add...

* selected Microsoft Access Driver (*.mdb) from the list

* clicked Finish

* typed mctadb in Data Source Name

* clicked on Select...

* selected the MS Access database I wanted to connect to and clicked OK

* clicked on Advance...

* typed in a Login name then clicked OK

* clicked OK in the next 2 windows

I could use some help as well.  I get connected to the database but get an
error when I try to execute a SQL statement on it.

The error message I get is:

Warning: odbc_exec(): supplied argument is not a valid ODBC-Link resource in
c:\program files\apache group\apache\htdocs\test2.php on line 30
cannot prepare result

Does anyone know what might be missing?  Here's the code from test2.php:

$connection = odbc_connect("mctadb", "admin", "") || die("cannot open
database");

$sql = "SELECT * FROM Meeting";

$result = odbc_exec($connection, $sql) || die("cannot prepare result");

Beverly Steiner
[EMAIL PROTECTED]