Well, I've gotten a long way on this, and here's the results up to now:

On Red Hat 8.0 appache 2.0.40, php 4.22, mysql 3.23.54a
PII 366 30gig hdd, 256meg mem:
Everything works flawlessly. Have spidered several HUGE sites. Goes fast, goes accurate.

On windows 2000 sp3, apache 2.0.44, php 4.3.1, mysql 3.23.55 max-nt
dual PIII 1gig, 160gig raid, 1.5gig mem:
Spider still dies, but now it's finally given me an error: "FATAL: erealloc(): unable to allocate 11 bytes". This is interesting, as I'm not using erealloc() anywhere in the script. When I went to php.net to check it out, all I got was a "memory management" page with this and some other memory type functions listed. No information at all about what to do with them, how to use them, where to use them, when to use them, or anything. If anyone out there has any info on this function and/or the error it gave me please pass it along!


PHP Database Mailing List (http://www.php.net/)
To unsubscribe, visit: http://www.php.net/unsub.php

Reply via email to