As a user of PHP and Midgard, I'd just like
to comment that my use of PHP is completely
dependent on my perception of it's potential
to embrace integrating applications like
Midgard.  I'd like to see Midgard do for
PHP what Zope has done for Python in the
way of increasing the level of penetration
of the language.  This won't happen unless
it's easy to install a version of Midgard
on top of a standard version of PHP.

I love PHP, but generally I find the lack
of applications such as Midgard a major
disincentive to using it.  I won't continue
using it for long if this continues to be
the case.  It's already pretty tempting to
drop it in favour of Java or Python.

Paul N.