On Mon, 25 Jun 2001, Zeev Suraski wrote:

>At 22:10 24/6/2001, Jani Taskinen wrote:
>>So this is broken now only on *nix? Nice.
>>Previously it worked only on unices, now it works only on win32?
>>What an improvement.
>
>Let's keep cynicism off this list, please...

:-p

>About the socket extension - this was discussed, and agreed upon that the
>way it worked was *wrong* and against the PHP spirit.  The fact it was also

Okay..I don't remember this discussion. But I see the point.

>tagged as experimental makes it easier for us to change the API to a
>PHP-like API, even though it would have probably been the right thing to do
>even if it didn't have the experimental tag.

BTW. Have you noticed that I am now the one against breaking BC and
YOU want to do it? Did someone switch our brains or what? :)

>This does not come to say that it's ok that it's now broken under UNIX, or
>how the change was done (I don't remember so I won't comment about it).  It
>does come to say that the general change was a good idea.

This is the reason I got pissed. It worked fine before the change..now
it's useless. But Sterling had some fixes pending. Maybe it's okay
after those are committed. Also, I would like to see the manual
updated ASAP.

--Jani