At 10:23 15-08-01, Stig Sæther Bakken wrote:
>[Hi,
>
>I think one of the problems with this is that even if php-dev comes up
>with a system for determining which feature it wants to see in PHP, we
>still depend on Zeev, Andi or someone else @ Zend to implement them.
>An RFC system would be a support for Zend's decision-making.  At the
>end of the day, due to the licensing issues, php-dev is not the body
>governing the language, it has an advisory role only.

Generally, I agree with you, except it's not because of licensing issues
(will we end up with a load of features suddenly getting into PHP if/when
the engine license changes?).  Many other projects behave that way.  With a
language definition, "vox populi, vox Dei" doesn't tend to work very well.

Zeev