Markus Fischer wrote:
> On Sun, Jun 02, 2002 at 04:21:48PM +0200, Sebastian Bergmann wrote :
>
>>Jani Taskinen wrote:
>>
>>>I'm not that familiar with Java..so it would be nice to hear
>>>what Java offers that PHP doesn't?
>>
>>  And coming back to the original topic of this thread: perfect support
>>  for XML and all related technologies. Working with Java and XML is a
>>  charm.
>

>     And too complicated to understand for the majority users of
>     PHP too. Note that not everyone is as clever as you :)

We don't have to make everything in PHP understandable by everyone.  If
someone needs to use XML, they need to learn something about it.  If
someone needs to use an SQL database, they need to learn SQL to some
extent.  I could go on.  It's not about the technology being complex,
it's about PHP making it easy to use that technology, but there is
always a learning curve that people must go through to use the
technology effectively.  If we don't advance PHP's capability with a
technology because the 'majority of users' wont understand the
technology right away, then PHP is doomed to being a tool that does some
neat things, but not a tool that is powerful enough to fullfill advanced
needs.

Shane