> Jani Taskinen wrote:
>> I'm not that familiar with Java..so it would be nice to hear
>> what Java offers that PHP doesn't?
>
>   Private members and methods, interfaces, Application Servers, Beans,
>   Enterprise Beans.
>
>   And coming back to the original topic of this thread: perfect support
>   for XML and all related technologies. Working with Java and XML is a
>   charm.

I dislike much about Java, expecially the multi-drawback issue. It has the same
problems as compiled code
as well as the same performance issues with interpreted code.

Much of the lingo and obfuscation in Java seems completly silly too.

If the vision of PHP is to become a more like java, one must ask themselves "What's
the point?" I mean,
seriously, there already is a java.

I like PHP because it is really easy to make really functional web pages. The only
real drawback I have run
into in PHP is multi-dimentional arrays.