Hi Jani,

>     Any examples? Is PHP too easy to use? :)
>     I find that hard swallow. It's one of the main features
>     why I am using PHP.

Yep, but IMHO it's also one of its main 'bugs' in
the sense of lacking its image.

Web designer, Photoshoppers and every "allrounder"
in small to mid-sized web companies gets an order
from his chief "Here you are, we have to do 'dynamic'
web sites. Make this with PHP." - although the photoshopper
doesn't know how to program at all. So we see questions
arising on the mailing lists and newsgroups regarding
"How do I print something on my web site with PHP?". And
because these people seem to be the majority in these
mailing lists (not only mailing lists especially for PHP
but for "internet working" in general), most suits and
other mailing list subscribers think "Oh what the hell,
PHP is only suitable for small applications like guest
books".

Of course one can prove and promote the opposite by
providing advanced tutorials etc., but this is IMHO
like grist for the mill. I don't have a solution at
all and for now, but that's only what I could observe
in the last year(s).

Regarding the roadmap: I think a "roadmap" like "Expect
new features A, B, C and D in the next three months stable
working" (as already mentioned) would be a great advance.
Something which canalizes the work.

Just my 0,02 EUR, Björn.