On Mon, 2 Sep 2002, Yasuo Ohgaki wrote:

> If we should reduce number of modules built by default, 1st
> module should be MySQL. Removing MySQL does not cause any
> technical problems at all.

I'll agree to that as well.  +1 on removing --with-mysql as a default.
Although realize I'm also +1 on removing any default modules that are not
essential to PHP's running.

> Is --disable-something is too hard to get used to?

Yes it is.  Why?  Because PHP has so many options at this point, finding
which modules are automatically enabled isn't terribly easy.  More to the
point, it's a PITA to find out during the build you forgot to explicitly
disable a feature.

In general it is easier to enable a feature than to disable a feature
(witness Clippy).

Dan Kalowsky                    "A little less conversation,
http://www.deadmime.org/~dank    a little more action."
[EMAIL PROTECTED]        - "A Little Less Conversation",
[EMAIL PROTECTED]                        Elvis Presley