I hear good things about magento, neve used it though. Xcart stinks. I've had to hack that before. It was painful.

Bastien

Sent from my iPod

On Feb 1, 2010, at 4:02 PM, Skip Evans <s...@bigskypenguin.com> wrote:

Hey all,

Anyone ever use the Magento shopping cart? Pluses, minuses, opinions? I have a client that is pretty adamant about using it, but I've found over just about any I've used I can do a better service to the client by writing them from scratch. It's easy and they always get exactly what they want.

I see they seem to have a lot of plug ins, but I think someone just told him it is the best cart to use so he's sort of fixated on it.

Like I said, I typically find I can custom write one with better results. I found xCart, for example, to contain some of the worst code I had ever seen and it turned me off to third party carts.

Skip

--
Skip Evans