I guess I missed the part where you wanted to implement something w/o
changing existing scripts.

There's no easy way to do it right now. You could write a script that'll
run in the background and combine all of the error logs together. You
can turn on error logs for PHP and for MySQL. You'll still have the
problem of identifying which PHP page caused the MySQL error, though...

---John Holmes...

Wouldn't
> it be possible then in future PHP releases to have a
"set_error_logging"