Caroline, thank you.

So, we are inching our way to a working solution. The steps I can see
in front of me are these:

1. We were getting an SDO_UnsupportedOperationException with the text
"Adding Properties after type completed" on a fairly simple test case
that I thought ought to have worked. We need to get to the bottom of
this. It is some interaction between the caching and addTypes. It
might be that we can just sidestep it but I would like to understand
it a little better first.

2. Next I will reorganise the places in the SCA PHP code where we used
to do create() followed by addTypes(file) to just do the single call
to create() with an array. I will need to generate some kind of hash
of the set of filenames to use as a key to keep hold of the cached
data factory. This, with the caching code that I have already put in
should be enough so that a second and subsequent call to a component
should find all the types that that component uses already loaded. I
hope this will be enough to get Ben Barringer going.

3. Then I will have to tackle invalidating the cache when the files
change. I suppose I will check the timestamps on the files. I think
this is going to be harder than you might think. The reason is that
the pathnames that I get passed in to the C code, if relative, are
relative to the PHP working directory and not to the C working
directory (I blogged about this on the developerWorks blog a while
ago). This means that I cannot directly use within the C code any
relative pathnames I have been given from PHP. I will have to find a
way to call the PHP routines to check the file timestamps.

Also, I am never sure whether it is enough to just check the file
timestamps. I wonder if I ought to open the file and do a hash of the
contents, just to make sure that the contents have not changed.

I am not sure how long this is going to take. I know Ben wanted an
outlook for when we might complete. I am going to try to complete the
first two steps i.e. running without invalidation by the end of next
week.

Matthew