I just checked in to DUNLIN a temporary change so that the ebaysoap
binding uses the caching of the data factory. Specifically, what I did
was:
1. enable the caching in the sdo extension when the special two-
argument version of SDO_DAS_XML::create is used
2. make the table of cached data factories only one deep ie only allow
one cached data factory
3. make the ebaysoap binding the only place in SCA where we use the
two-argument create

This is a temporary state of affairs but probably how it will go out
in the next release.

What I want to do long-term is to expose the table of cached das's as
a proper PHP associative array which is a static member of the SDO
class, then anyone can use it any way they see fit. The logic to use
it would then look something like:

$key = // calculate this in some way based on the xsd or xsds to be
used.
if (array_key_exists(SDO::cache($key)) {
  $das = SDO::cache[$key];
} else {
  $das = SDO_DAS_XML::create(<path to the xsd>);
  SDO::cache[$key] = $das;
}

Once the table of cached das's is in user space then people can decide
about what to cache when, and when to invalidate entries and so on.
Which is more or less what Ben suggested in the first place...

Matthew