Sorry if anyone sees this twice. Reposting as my original reply has
gone missing.

On 20 Jun, 01:56, cem <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Jun 19, 9:22 pm, [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:

> > > For example I just got a timeout. We can see it is going out on the
> > > web forhttp://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/:
>
> > > .<br />
> > > <b>Warning</b>:  SDO_DAS_XML::create(http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/)
> > > [<a href='function.SDO-DAS-XML-create'>function.SDO-DAS-XML-create</
> > > a>]: failed to open stream: A connection attempt failed because the
> > > connected party did not properly respond after a period of time, or
> > > established connection failed because connected host has failed to
> > > respond.
> > >  in <b>C:\php\PEAR\SCA\Bindings\soap\ServiceDescriptionGenerator.php</
> > > <b>Warning</b>:  SDO_DAS_XML::create() [<a href='function.SDO-DAS-XML-
> > > create'>function.SDO-DAS-XML-create</a>]: I/O warning : failed to load
> > > external entity &quot;http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/wsdl/"in <b>C:
> > > \php\PEAR\SCA\Bindings\soap\ServiceDescriptionGenerator.php</b> on
>
> > So is this  definitive proof that the fix in Tuscany is not preventing
> > SDO from chasing URLs even when it has the types to hand?
>
> Simon, can you point us to details of the Tuscany change you refer
> to?

I was sure there was a JIRA about reducing the number of times C++ SDO
goes out across the network but I can't find it now. I've raise a very
specific one for the problem we are seeing

http://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/TUSCANY-1362

> I think that a change that was made in
> Buzzard:http://cvs.php.net/viewvc.cgi/pecl/sdo/SDO_DAS_XML.cpp?r1=1.21.2.3.2....,
> may be implicated here. You could experiment with turning off that
> flag and see what happens.

This change seems to be required for http://pecl.php.net/bugs/bug.php?id=9243
so I've left it in

> It could be seen as unfortunate that the soap schema imports the wsdl
> schema but without a schemaLocation. I suppose it would be completely
> out of order to fix that in our local copy? If so, then perhaps the
> time has come for some hard-coded relationship? It's perfectly
> legitimate to have built-in schema if we choose.

I'm told it's a license thing. I.e that the WSDL schemas that we
redistribute should look the same as the originals?