Hi Alex,

>> something which would not make me edit both ends of the commented out
>> expression, e.g. Common Lisp #+NIL(...) is better in that sense as you
>> can stay at the beginning all the time when commenting or
>
> I personally find the token '#+NIL' a bit too long (a typical Common
> Lisp style). I like Kriangkrai's syntax '#{', as the '#' denotes a
> comment and the '{' a block (and not necessarily a Lisp expression).
> Also a nice fact is that '{' is used only in external symbols so far,
> and will not conflict much with other things.

well, #+NIL(...) seems a bit long, but it is actually a conditional
comment where the condition is NIL in this case.

It probably depends how people edit code.  I can't think of a case
where I needed to comment something out "across" expressions so I
would find commenting out only at the beginning better than marking
both beginning and end.

> BTW, I don't know if you are aware of it, but there is a nice "trick"
> which I use occasionally to comment a whole expression: The good old
> quote :-)

I see:-)

Cheers,

Tomas