Hi Kriangkrai & Alex,

> In fact, my #{...}# syntax is inspired by the #|...|# syntax in PLT
> Scheme (but in PLT, it can be nested, unlike my implementation ;-)

it is not great that #{ }# does not nest:-(

>    ~(as <expression>
>       body
>       ... )
>
> The list with 'body' will not be included into the code if 'expression'
> evaluates to NIL. I use this sometimes to exclude whole tabs from the
> GUI, depending on the object being shown.

interesting.  It looks basically like the same thing as #+<exp>( body
..) except one always have to add the parenthesis and 'as'.

What about some more concise syntax, e.g.

~~<exp1><exp2> , e.g. ~~NIL(body ...) or something like that?

> Then there is one more way of "commenting": As it is a feature of 'load'
> that it will terminate reading the input stream when 'NIL' is read, you
> can have 'load' ignore the complete rest of a file by simply writing a
> 'NIL' at some place.
>
> In combination with the backquote read macro this can be also done
> conditionally. If you look, for example, at the end of "lib/form.l",
> you'll see
>
>    `*Dbg
>    (noLint 'gui)
>    (noLint 'choDlg 'gui)
>    (noLint 'jsForm 'action)
>
>    # vi:et:ts=3:sw=3
>
> This means that these lines are only read if '*Dbg' does not evaluate
> to 'NIL'.

That's good to know:-)

Thanks,

Tomas