Hi Vijay and Mateusz,

> On Thursday 02 September 2010 13:52:32 you wrote:
> > Thanks for the help. I have made quite a few changes to adapt pico to
> > the plan9 compiler. I don't think there is a compiler flag that let me

Oh, so this sounds rather tough. Is Plan9 not a POSIX system?

> > align addresses. I have to search further or repeat the changes in the
> > bigpico and try to compile that. Anyway, have to wait till I get a

Porting picoLisp to a non-POSIX system might be very difficult, as a lot
of functionality depends on it. In this regard, miniPicoLisp is much
easier, as it uses more or less only plain vanilla C.

> I think you could create a C program that reads symbols & their values from a
> compiled (and possibly linked) executable and writes a new executable with
> functions aligned `by hand' to desired value. There is a bunch of functions
> in
>
> http://plan9.bell-labs.com/magic/man2html/2/symbol
> http://plan9.bell-labs.com/magic/man2html/2/object
> and
> http://plan9.bell-labs.com/magic/man2html/2/mach
>
> which let you read and write symbols from & to files.

Cool. But is it really able to relocate symbols? I couldn't detect that
from scanning the above resources.

If it does, what happens to other references from inside the object code
to those relocated symbols?