On Fri, 12 Nov 2010 20:04:01 +0100, Alexander Burger
 <a...@software-lab.de> wrote:
> On Sat, Oct 30, 2010 at 07:07:01PM +0200, Alexander Burger wrote:
>> In the near future I will continue, trying to supply as many missing
>> parts as possible. The next will probably be the *Run/task
>> mechanisms
>> (using java.nio.channels.Selector), remaining I/O functions, and
>> networking.
> Done! I do now consider Ersatz PicoLisp complete :)
> At least one of the primary purposes, bootstrapping the 64-bit
> version,
> is achieved. As a consequence I removed the rather large
> pre-generated
> "*.s" files from the distribution. They will now be automatically
> build
> by 'make' if a Java runtime system is installed. If not, they are
> available for download ("http://software-lab.de/x86-64.linux.tgz";).
> Most things work surprisingly well, and better than I initially
> expected. "ersatz/README" tells a little more.
> Cheers,
> - Alex

 Hi Alex,

 I look forward to try this ErsatzLisp, but I have no Java 1.6 available
 yet. I tried to install it on Ubuntu, but I didn't succeed. I ended up
 with a broken package, and haven't managed to clean up the mess yet. ;-)
 Maybe you could write a note on this ErsatzLisp on the Forum News
 section here: http://picolisp.com/5000/-2-B.html
 I'm also curious about "bootstrapping the 64-bit version". What's in