Thanks for the reply, Alex.

I need to use Windows without cygwin dlls for an application I'm working on
now.  So, I had been using miniPicoLisp in my application, which compiles ok
under mingw.  That let me avoid even trying to compile regular PicoLisp using
mingw, and the porting issues that would involve.

But now I might have to take a look at trying PicoLisp with mingw.  I know the
file locking will probably be an issue, but not sure what else might be a snag
with PicoLisp under mingw.

On the other hand, I was able to hack in some support for line numbers and file
names for error messages in miniPicoLisp, relatively quickly.

Cheers,

Doug