On Wed, Sep 07, 2011 at 07:13:08AM +0200, Alexander Burger wrote:
> Yes. Unfortunately we couldn't solve the problem with fcntl(), even
> under cygwin (don't know if the situation would be better today).
> But I'm afraid that there will be many other problems. Especially
> select(), fork() and pipe() issues come to mind.

In idea is to just ignore those. Picolisp still has some things over
miniPicolisp even without those.

By the way Windows should support very good file locking, if I recall
correctly, but it's a different kind of API.
So Picolisp _could_ probably be completely ported to Windows, except
fork(), but it would be a more complex port than any of the POSIX-ish
ones, including Cygwin. I don't count Cygwin as Windows at all... :)