On September 16, 2013 at 9:30 AM Tomas Hlavaty <t...@logand.com> wrote:

> 3) I guess most of the overhead of the http request is probably
>    establishing the connection.  My bett is that it doesn't really
>    matter if you send 1kB or 5kB of data.  For example, if I run this

It might matter, the only way to make sure is to measure. For instance
you can fit an answer inside an IP packet completely, it may make a
difference. (There are also many other things to consider, for instance
if there are CSS or Javascript resources which are blocking start of
browser rendering, until those are loaded.)

best regards,
Jakob