No matter what I do, M-x picolisp-repl gives:

 Searching for program: no such file or directory, pil

I've set customize group thus:
..
'(picolisp-picolisp-executable "/home/lawrence/opt/picoLisp/bin/picolisp")
 '(picolisp-pil-executable "/home/lawrence/opt/picoLisp/pil")

in a fresh install of the melpa picolisp-mode.

Help?