Hi Robert,

> First, I would like to donate some money anyway, seeing how much fun I have
> had with PicoLisp and PilOS.

Thanks, that's very nice! But don't worry, that's not what I'm looking
for. I need some stable, long-term project(s) ;)

> Second, I get a 'Guest has not initialized the display (yet).' when trying
> to run PilOS in qemu on my i5 Windows 8.1 64bit machine. Any steps I am
> missing? I am a qemu newbie, and PilOS newbie.

I did a short search on the web, and it seems this error appears in qemu
in other situations too. Not only on Windows, but also on other guest
operating systems.

I have no idea what might be the reason. PilOS simply uses the standard
VIDEO memory (VGA) on hardware address 0xB8000.

Can you try another version of qemu?