Wow, thanks. It's trying to read in the entire thing 670kb of PicoLisp.
I'll try other versions of qemu. There are a few between this one and the
others that failed.
Is there a way to change a qemu bios file config? Could I change beg.l to
load it in segments, or would it still require a 670kb read to put it
together again?
Thanks.

Rob