Not every decision is done by calling for a formal vote. No one -1'd Olga's proposal.

nige.

On Mar 20, 2009, at 1:51 PM, Santhosh Srinivasan wrote:

Nigel,

It was a discussion without the call for a vote. I am attaching the
email that was sent out back then.

Thanks,
Santhosh

-----Original Message-----
From: Nigel Daley [mailto:nda...@yahoo-inc.com]
Sent: Friday, March 20, 2009 1:41 PM
To: pig-dev@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: [VOTE] Release Pig 1.0.0 (candidate 0)

Santhosh, the version numbering was discussed on this list almost 2
weeks ago.  Why didn't you participate then?

Nige

On Mar 20, 2009, at 11:54 AM, Santhosh Srinivasan wrote:

-1 on the 1.0.0 release. IMHO, Pig is relatively stable but not quite
there. I would prefer 0.2.0

1. 1.0.0 signifies a highly stable and solid release which will
require
a little bit more work.
2. Multi-query support will break the way users are using grunt
3. There are ongoing efforts for changing load and/or store interfaces

Santhosh