On 08/04/2017 07:01 PM, Rich Shepard wrote:
> On Fri, 4 Aug 2017, King Beowulf wrote:
>
>> Rich didn't say which Type 1 (or missing fonts) he has been using. With
>> F/OSS there is always a good work around.
>
> Ed,
>
>    Bitstream Amerigo is my standard word processor/spreadsheet body text
> font; Baker Signet is for my company logotype, and URW Palatino is the
> default body text font in LaTeX.

Bitstream Amerigo and Baker Signet are available as TTF and OTF, but $$.
 URW Palatino was released as URW Palladio L for the ghostscript
project, but they only toss in the Type 1 version.  Same for Latex.

Here are other option of fonts based on URW Palladio L (some the whole
URW family):
http://freecode.com/projects/urwvn/
(adds vietnamese...)

Here is a set of URW Palladio clones, TeX Gyre Pagella:
https://ctan.org/tex-archive/fonts/tex-gyre/fonts/opentype/public/tex-gyre