On Sat, 5 Aug 2017, John Jason Jordan wrote:

> Even if your Type 1 fonts have no optional glyphs I would still go with
> OTF. It is the way of the future.

   Thanks, John. That's good enough for me.

   Years ago I learned a lot about typography, fonts, and document layouts to
better understand how to effectively use LaTeX. Once I got oriented I left
things alone since everything worked. Now that LO no longer recognizes the
typefaces I prefer to use I'll update things.

   Just upgraded fontforge here and will convert them all to OTF by working
my way through fonts installed ~20 years ago and not touched since. I'm no
longer sure what fonts are in Speedo, PEX, CID, and other formats.

Rich