On Sun, 18 Feb 2018 22:27:23 -0800
Bill Barry <b...@billbarry.org> dijo:

>I have a similar monitor. It does not automatically detect where the
>signal is coming from. You have to switch it to HDMI. The button to
>toggle between DVI, HDMI and VGA is the one just to the left of the
>power button.

According to the manual for my monitor you change the setting with the
Menu button, which is three buttons to the left of the power button.
But when I push the Menu button nothing happens.

Also, I just discovered that I lied. I said that the LED for the power
button was not coming on, but in fact it is on. It's just that it
shines down so you can't see that it is on unless your finger is over
it and you can see your flesh light up.

I think you are right about selecting the HDMI input, but the menu does
not appear so there is no way to change the setting. Maybe the menu
would appear if I sent it a DVI signal, but I no longer have anything
that will output a DVI signal.