> Before restarting the server I decided to give it a try on a Spotify
> track and to my surprise it worked!

That's ok: the update didn't include any code change to the plugin
itself, but only an update helper binary. That file got replaced during
the update. The server actually didn't need the restart. But there's no
hook in LMS to do an update without a restart.

> Is it possible that
> the changes that Spotify made were not targeted at librespot users (if
> they were reverted)?

Unfortunately, no. librespot got actively blocked.

> Lastly another strange observation, after the server restart the new
> version 0.6.1 of spotty was not started, it still showed up in the
> plugins menu of LMS under your repo and started and ran fine after
> checking the box and restarting the server again.

Many still seem to be stuck on the thought that a Spotify plugin needs
to run some daemon in the background. Spotty does not. Nothing gets
started unless you want to play a track, or want to authenticate (or
during some other operations). The helper isn't kept running in the
background.

Michael

http://www.herger.net/slim-plugins - MusicArtistInfo, MusicInfoSCR