"I'm not looking forward to install my own Rust/Cargo environment and
clone the Spotty helper application repository to see if I can get a
working Spotty"

Well, that turned out to be easy. Used a different computer from where
LMS is running, to not clutter it up with stuff I probably won't use for
anything else than compile Spotty... It compiled the first time, without
errors on FreeBSD 11.0-RELEASE-p1.
Copied the compiled spotty to:
/var/db/logitechmediaserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin >
chown slimserv:slimserv spotty > chmod 755 spotty and it worked.

Not sure how I can tell what version of spotty this is (no -v option),
but I cloned it today. In the 'Advanced' setting of LMS it tells me:
-Spotty Helper Application
/var/db/logitechmediaserver/cache/InstalledPlugins/Plugins/Spotty/Bin/spotty
(v0.6.2) -

I've attached the compiled spotty for other people to use.

Richard

|Filename: spotty.zip                                               |
|Download: http://forums.slimdevices.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=23388|