philippe_44 wrote:
> Thanks Tim - As we discussed in the past, your support at the beginning
> of this ‘journey’ is the only reason while I’m still here and I’ve
> reasonably succeeded (well so he says ;)) in bringing plugins to LMS
> community  You overstate, but thanks anyway!
> What would be helpful at this point is for me to make sure first that
> the Marantz works fine in a classical configuration and unfortunately
> aac is not very usual, there are various options sent by LMS that might
> be problematic for UPnP players. So flac, pcm, mp3 is much better to
> start with. This new architecture gives me much more flexibility and
> better control, including the possibility to transcode on the fly, but I
> want to prove the core first with the main use cases before enabling
> this option.
> Will do, but it may be a day or 2.
> The M1Clic always had strong « personality », I may try to buy one this
> time to crack itIt's 7 years old, has not been produced for several years and
> probably
not that many around.  They have not done any firmware updates for
years, so I wouldn't make the effort unless you really think it will
help others as well.
> So, net net if you can, I’d like to confirm the archi in a classical
> Marantz environment with flac, pcm and mp3 and then attack the M1 - the
> log you sent me last time already showed a strange reaction to my HTTP
> answerOK

LMS 7.9.1 on VortexBox Midi box, Xubuntu 17.10, FLACs 16->24 bit,
44.1->192kbps.  Touch & EDO. 2nd Touch standard.
LMS plugin UPnP/DLNA Bridge to MF M1 CLiC (to A308CR amp & ESLs) &
Marantz CR603 UPnP renderers.
Alternatively Minimserver & Upplay to same & to upmpdcli/mpd PC
Squeezelite to Meridian USB Explorer DAC to PC speakers/headphones.
Wireless Xubuntu 17.10 laptop firefox/upplay or Android 'phone with
Squeeze-Commander/BubbleUPnP controls LMS/Minimserver.
PasTim's Profile:
View this thread: