Well, it worked fine before the recent change a couple of pages back.

Please note that the issue you're seeing is purely a communication problem between your computer and github. They (and many other services - see the Napster and Podcast issues reported this week) have recently changed configurations and certificates. They likely disabled some protocols known to be unsafe or something. My Mac build machine stopped working around last weekend for this very reason.

I'll do another clean OS over the weekend.

I bet re-installing Yosemite won't help. I love that place, spent some of my best time there. But as an OS it's getting a bit old.

--

Michael