slartibartfast wrote:
> You suggested that you wanted Flac or PCM.

My primary intention was not that I wanted to use flac or pcm.
The objective was to have the unaltered sound quality just as Spotify
streams it.

So I was looking for some 'untouched' or 'pass-through' setting in
Spotty.
But that is not there.

Then I thought to use flac, since that wouldn't deteriorate the sound of
the original stream.
But I couldn't find a 'use flac' selection either.

Only a choice between 96/160/320, which to me seemed like some mp3
re-encoding.
Then I got confused (even more) since it is mentioned in the threads
here that Spotify/Spotty uses ogg, but I found on Spotify's website that
they use aac. (with 256 kbps as the highest quality)
So that suggested to me some re-encoding was going on here with these
96/160/320 settings.

But I think by now I understand what is going on.

- In Spotty, 96/160/320 are not actual bitrates.
- Spotify offers three different stream qualities: Normal, High, Very
High.
- In Spotty you can select which of these streams you want to
'receive'.

So, neither of these three settings perform any re-encoding, and ogg,
mp3, flac, pcm have nothing to do with this at all.
(please correct me if I am wrong about this though)

If my assumptions here are correct, I humbly sugges that Spotty's audio
quality menu gets a minor renaming that clarifies this a bit better and
also uses the exact same naming as Spotify does:

Spotify streaming quality:

Normal (approx. 96kbps)
High (approx. 160kbps)
Very High (approx. 320kbps)