cparker;240025 Wrote:
> I have to disagree, MIP works fine and is a fantastic program for
> re-energising your music collection.  I've been running it for years
> with barely an issue.
> Further more if I was the developer and you werent going to pay for it
> then I wouldnt spend time helping you either!  :S
>

>From a personal perspective I agree with cparker.  MIP has always run
well for me, and has been flawless since I moved to a headless
install...that said, there are more than enough threads to demonstrate
that other people don't always have the same experience, even when they
try precisely the same things that make it work for me.

However, it's free to try and you only have to subscribe if you like it
and use it enough that it's worth it.

Part of the issue may be that MIP is maturing as a standalone product,
and my impression is that Slimserver integration is quite a small part
of their overall customer base.  There was a post on the MIP forums
recently about adding some more functionality to the headless API, and
the response was that headless is largely a Slimserver customer thing.

Whicken sometimes posts on here, and would be interesting to know his
views if there's anything which can be done to improve the integration.
If there's sufficient interest from customers, MIP and Slim Devices are
two companies who would probably put some resources on it.

However, Squeezebox/MIP integration is the single piece of
functionality which has revolutionised the way I listen to music.
IMHO, it's worth any initial set up frustrations.

--
Siduhe